Being a good student - Essay

       I am a good student. My family and friends know that I always work hard to get good grades and try to be the best students in class.
But some of my friends don't understand that to be a good student I need to spend time doing my work. 
       The thing is, that some of my friends can't understand that I need to spend time after school doing homework and sometimes the classwork i did not finish at school. They think that i don't like hanging out with them or that I don't want them to talk to me but that is not the reason why I don't go to one of my friends house everyday to play video games or go play soccer. The only reason why I don't hang out with them everyday is because I need to spend time doing homework. 
       The other day I tried to explain it to one of my friends called Irving and he said that I was a nerd. I can't find a way to make them understand that school is a priority for me, it doesn't mean that friends are not important, but as life has taught me, I have to do what is better for me.
       However, my oldest friends do understand me, they told me that if they are true friends they will support my decisions and that makes me feel good. I will keep trying to hang out with them and have time to do my work at home. But as I said, I have priorities and one of them is school.
       I am a good student and I have to keep working hard to be the best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

" Immigrants in our own land" - Jimmy Santiago

Gatsby Chapter 5 Notes

Rich people and backward thinking