The monkey's paw - W. W. Jacobs
I picked this story because I read it when I was in 9th grade and I forgot what is it about.
Theme: This is a story about a mystical charm, a monkey's paw that is brought into the home of the White family by Sergeant Major Morris, who has served in India. The monkey's paw has the ability to grant 3 wishes to 3 people. S. M. Morris was the 2nd owner, the 1st owner's 3rd wish was for death.
After reading the story it made me think of the first time i read it. At first, it was hard for me to understand why did the 1st owner wish for death.
I would recommend this story to others because it is interesting, although it is a pretty long story.
Theme: This is a story about a mystical charm, a monkey's paw that is brought into the home of the White family by Sergeant Major Morris, who has served in India. The monkey's paw has the ability to grant 3 wishes to 3 people. S. M. Morris was the 2nd owner, the 1st owner's 3rd wish was for death.
After reading the story it made me think of the first time i read it. At first, it was hard for me to understand why did the 1st owner wish for death.
I would recommend this story to others because it is interesting, although it is a pretty long story.
Comments
Post a Comment